[Dragaera] Vlad vs Dumbledore

Eugene Zaretskiy eugene.zar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:09:29 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Maximilian Wilson
<wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Eugene Zaretskiy <eugene.zar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> But, really, it's just a popularity contest, because:
>>
>> * Phoenix Stone. Knife to the eye. Vlad wins.
>
> Why would Phoenix Stone have any effect on Potterverse wizardry? It's
> not amorphia-based.

Why not? I don't recall there being much of an explanation of the
source of magic in Rowling's books. But even if the Phoenix stone is
useless, Vlad's pretty resourceful.

Besides, the timeline of these cage matches bugs me (well, not
really). Jaime Lannister is missing his hand (it's listed as a
disadvantage) so I guess they are taking the Jaime from the latest
GRRM book. And yet, there are none of the obvious disadvantages a
current-book Dumbledore would have. The odds are really stacked
against poor Vlad! At least pitting GRRM against Rowling as a
popularity contest is somewhat poetic. SKZB vs Rowling is,
unfortunately, needless slaughter. Also, why does she get TWO?
Possibly more, I have yet to actually see the main character from her
books...

--
Eugene Z
http://blog.eugenez.net