[Dragaera] Vlad vs Dumbledore

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:24:56 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Eugene Zaretskiy <eugene.zar at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Maximilian Wilson
> <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Eugene Zaretskiy <eugene.zar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> But, really, it's just a popularity contest, because:
> >>
> >> * Phoenix Stone. Knife to the eye. Vlad wins.
> >
> > Why would Phoenix Stone have any effect on Potterverse wizardry? It's
> > not amorphia-based.
>
> Why not? I don't recall there being much of an explanation of the
> source of magic in Rowling's books. But even if the Phoenix stone is
> useless, Vlad's pretty resourceful.

I was going more off SKZB lore than Rowling. Gold Phoenix stone stops
sorcery but not psychic usage or witchcraft. Black Phoenix stone blocks
witchcraft and psychic stuff but not sorcery. Witchcraft works on Jenoine
worlds and in the paths of the dead, but sorcery doesn't. Sorcery works only
on Dragaera, but apparently necromancy works everywhere. Then there are
other kinds of magic (Great Weapons, Morrolan's window, Jenoine magic) which
are something else entirely. It just doesn't seem likely that Potterverse
magic would happen to be exactly the same as the one particular kind of
Brustian magic which is blocked by Gold Phoenix stone.

-Max, wondering what the Jenoine know about Phoenix stone.