[Dragaera] Vlad's Destiny (Was: Re: Lavode - possible spoilers (Dzur))

andy bonham15 at cox.net
Mon Mar 15 14:07:05 PDT 2010

>>> Or she could be simply following her nature.
>>>
>> Yes, the whole business of Godhead requiring that one become a kind of
>> symbolic incarnation of an idea sort of implies that becoming a God
>> necessarily involves a sacrifice of a certain amount of free will.
>>
>> I'm reminded of the story of the scorpion and the fox. If you don't know
>> it,
>> Snopes has a page about it -
>> http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/scorpion.asp
>>
>> Verra may be simply doing what Verra does because she's unable to do
>> anything else.
>>
> Yes, I was thinking of that story when I phrased my statement.   Don't
> gods seem to be limited by their natures more so than people in most
> literature?

a note-- there is NOTHING that would prevent Sethra from co-opting Vlad and
using him for her own designs, regardless of what Verra wants/doesn't want.
She did shunt aside godhood in return for a greater freedom to act, and some
of those interests would be of necessity opposing of what the gods do/don't
do.  Verra has already shown that she's fallible and can be surprised, more
than once.  It is entirely possible that Verra and Sethra could be working
at cross purposes at some time.   Verra may have grand designs upon her
little easterner that Sethra is tweaking to fit her own needs.