[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Jun 2 04:43:25 PDT 2010

On Jun 1, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Steve Rapaport wrote:

> Felicia Day as Aliera?  Seriously, she doesn't have the power to play that
> high-status.  The green eyes though.  Helena Bonham-Carter does, but she's
> getting old for the role.  Still I'd prefer someone with her gravitas and
> bloodthirstiness.

I like to see Helena Bonham-Carter floating above her skirt.   But I like to see her enjoying any of her roles.

> Johnny Depp is a bit old to be playing Vlad, now, and Clive Owen perhaps
> best, though perhaps a bit too studly.

Vlad has been feeling old lately.    I expect that trend to continue, we want an actor who ages well.    One problem with Johnny Depp is that he is pretty effeminate.   He runs like a girl who has never competed in sports.    Vlad needs to be quick and athletic.    But there aren't many Sean Conneries around.