[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Wed Jun 2 06:06:20 PDT 2010

Howard Brazee wrote:

>Vlad has been feeling old lately.    I expect that trend to continue, we want an actor who ages well.    One problem with Johnny Depp is that he is pretty effeminate.   He runs like a girl who has never competed in sports.    Vlad needs to be quick and athletic.    But there aren't many Sean Conneries around.

No, but I'd go with Timothy Dalton for Morollan.   And maybe Daniel
Craig as Kragar.  Depp is good enough to lose the effiminacy if the role
demands it.  It's more finicky-ness than effeminacy in any case.

I want to see Emma Thompson in there somewhere, simply bacause she can
act rings around everyone mentioned so far, but cant' decide who to make
her be.  Alan Rickman, too, for that matter.  Perhaps as Lord Khavren.

I have no idea who should be Zerika, Sethra the Younger or the Sorceress
in Green or the Necromancer.

Snarkhunter