[Dragaera] The New Palace

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Wed Jun 2 12:43:24 PDT 2010

On Wed, June 2, 2010 14:01, Jon%20Lincicum wrote:

> Why would a brigand buy a 50 imperial bow when a 3 orb throwing knife or
> flashstone will do the same job and be easier for him to use?

Have you ever used a bow? Or thrown a knife?  My feeling is that the bow
is tremendously easier to use effectively than the throwing knife.  (The
bow is big an awkward and needs space to use.)

The flashstone is probably a better weapon for a brigand; it's very close
to exactly equivalent to an early pistol, fairly easy to use, rather
short-range, and devastating if you hit your target.

However, a couple of brigands with bows standing off, plus the ones
up-front having flash-stones, is a better tactical setup.  The bow is more
equivalent to a rifle than a pistol.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info