[Dragaera] Dragaera Casting

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 13:59:00 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Scott Schultz wrote:

> A problem with casting Vlad is that he's quite a bit younger than the actors
> that are being suggested.

Note that Vlad has had a tough life - a very tough life by _Iorich_ -
he hasn't spent the last dozen years being ministered to by masseuses,
personal trainers, and starlets.

> The timeline has Vlad as 30 years old at the time of Iorich, give or take.
> That's younger than I expected; his marriage to Cawti must have been very
> short.

Wow, I had him as ~40 by _Iorich_, joints getting stiff and all.

> Let's see:
>
> 222 PI - Vlad born
> 243 PI - _Jhereg_ - 21(ish) yrs old

I would have thought mid-twenties at least by _Jhereg_.

For me this casts a very different light on both sides of the breakup
of his marriage.

Well, on a lot of things - he's only friends with Morrolan and Co. for
about two, maybe three years.

Of course I can't argue with the timeline - maybe Someone made some
miscalculations?

Thanks for calling this to my attention.