[Dragaera] The New Palace

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 14:11:51 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

> Agree about lack of Teckla sport hunting, and food hunting being better
> conducted with traps and snares (and just what is the difference between a
> trap and a snare, anyway?) in most environments.

The difference to the jhereg who discreetly followers the trapper or
snarer and then returns to dine before he can collect anything?

Too bad the snarer or trapper hasn't invented archery to drive away the
jhereg, to kill the occasional dzur, or to kill the Orca game warden who
hanged his father.

> I wonder how much meat is available in the rural Teckla diet?

Not as much as they'd prefer, I would guess.