[Dragaera] _Taltos_ and _The Hobbit_

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Aug 17 12:13:07 PDT 2010

> Greenhills Wine, '637 - is that a vintage?  If so from when?

I have a vague memory that I can't track down right now that one of the
early books refers to a wine as being 437 -- or at any rate, some 3-digit
number beginning with 4.  Clearly neither of these refer to "year of
Zerika IV's reign".

Possibilities:
* Dragaerans have some *very* good spells for arresting the aging of wine,
so that a vintage can be hundreds of years old and still drinkable.
* These numbers don't refer to years at all, but to some obscure
time-keeping method that is only used for wines.

Alexx

"Falling in love makes smoking pot all day look like the
 ultimate in restraint."         -- Dave Sim