[Dragaera] Marriage and missing words

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Wed Aug 25 17:35:23 PDT 2010

As far as I can tell, the word "divorce" *never* appears in any Dragaeran
book.  Does the concept even exist within the Empire?  I did come across
one possible reference to divorce, but even that is iffy:

_Sethra Lavode_, page 106:
 "Well, of course, not all marriages last for-ever—"
 "Father, do you hear what you are saying?"
 Khaavren sighed. "Yes. Will you permit me to withdraw my last observation?"
 "Certainly."

While the word "marriage" appears many times, it always refers to the
state of being married.  I have found no reference to anything like a
marriage ceremony.

Alexx

Actually, the Singularity seems rather useful in the entire "work avoidance"
 field. "I _could_ write up that report now but if I put it off, I may well
 become a weakly godlike entity, at which point not only will I be able to
 type faster but my comments will be more on-target."  -- James Nicoll