[Dragaera] A Teckla thought

Jon%20Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 10:17:31 PDT 2010

----- "Alexx Kay" <alexx at panix.com> wrote:

> > Take for example, G'aereth.
> > Also, keep in mind that he was already serving in the army *during*
> the
> > Teckla reign, so presumably he was around 150-200 years old at that
> point.
>
> Very minor quibble: he could easily be younger.  Khaavren joins the
> Guard
> at just under 100, and there's no reason to think that one couldn't
> join
> an army at that age either.
>
> Alexx

Granted. However, it seems pretty unlikely that G'aereth arrived in Dragarea city, joined the army, and the next day the Teckla Republic was overthrown.

If he spent 50 or so years in the Jhegaala army (a fairly brief amount of time to a Dragaeran in military service) before the revolution, then that estimate is about right.

To the left, it's entirely possible that G'aereth's arrival in Dragarea City is what triggered the change in the Cycle. At least, we have no direct Textev to the contrary. If that were the case, I'd think Paarfi would likely have said something about it, however.