[Dragaera] Is Kelly foolish?

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Sep 24 09:06:11 PDT 2010

  On 9/24/2010 9:48 AM, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> According to Paarfi at least, witchcraft scales better than sorcery,
> hence covens. Morrolan's castle blows everyone's mind because they
> can't imagine how to do it with sorcery and don't think about
> witchcraft.
Paarfi is a Dragaeran.   His mindset is standard, conservative
Dragaeran.   He sees that Easterner's magic seems to scale, and
attributes it to the type of magic.

Which doesn't mean he's right.   It could be because Easterners *have*
to scale their magic because they don't live long enough to do things
the Dragaeran way.

We've seen (on Earth) wealthy societies come up with reasons for
behaviors of primitives, underclasses, and foreigners - giving reasons
for their examples of success.   It's common.   Mostly those reasons
tell us more about the wealthy class than they do about the people with
those behaviors.