[Dragaera] Is Kelly foolish?

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 30 15:21:41 PDT 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Patrick Spinler wrote:

> The orb is explicitly designed to process and manipulate amorphora, and
> also designed to protect the emperor/ous.
>
> So, the orb probably performs its function, and prevents harm to Zerika
> until she can teleport herself back.

It seems to me to be an unrelated spec - using amorphia as a power
source is pretty different than swimming in it, even if e'Kieron genes
allow one to do so.

Note that just before Adron's disaster Sethra has to save the orb by
teleporting it to the paths of the dead - if it were able to survive,
she could have skedaddled and just waited for the new emperor to be
chosen.