[Dragaera] Holidays in the Empire

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Jan 25 13:18:40 PST 2011

Huh, I missed some of those.  Here's what I wrote for the previous draft
of the Timeline:

The year starts in spring (P 128), with a large celebration. Approximately
one Dragaeran month after the New Year is Spring Balance day (Ja 17),
which is presumably the equinox. Other holidays include Kieron's Eve (time
unknown, O 222) and some "obvious feast days" when services to Verra are
held (Ir 101). Some Teckla celebrate a day called Pudding Morn (A 95).
Ascension Day is celebrated in both Dragaera (Ja 105) and Fenario (BP
143), and would apear to involve fireworks (Dz 16). In Fenario, they also
have a Planting Festival (Ja 62). The first day of summer is on "the fifth
day of the month of the Hawk" (SL 16).