[Dragaera] The Desecrator (spoilers)

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Mar 8 16:50:56 PST 2011

> (spoilers)
>

> .
>

>   When Telnan said the
>  rough cave walls were as old as "really old things" I think he was
> planning to say "as old as (parts of?) Dzur Mountain"...

Simpler (and funnier) explanation: He was about say "as old as *you*", but
thought better of it :-)

>   If, as he appears to presume, he was given the name "Telnan" because he
> became a student of Sethra's, why is it proper for him to identify himself
> as "Telnan of Ranler", etc?  Is he just following her instructions or has
> he changed his name to "Telnan"?  Is there anything in normal legal
> circumstances necessary for a noble to change his name other than actually
> calling himself by another name?

It seems to me that Telnan was his original name.  He hopes to *earn* the
name Zungaron Lavode.

Alexx

"There are a number of reasons you might want to get this book:
 a) Someone else is paying for it.
 b) Someone offers it to you free.
 c) You're facing a plane trip and the only alternative is Gravity's
Rainbow."
             -- Dani Zweig