[Dragaera] Tiassa and translation (spoiler)

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 19 17:18:29 PDT 2011

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

Not sure if this has been discussed: So Sethra supposedly put Vlad in
contact with the translator.  Someone did the same for Paarfi, presumably
Sethra.  (Of course Vlad's another option, if they cross paths.)  That
could have happened after _TPG_, in concert with Paarfi's enquiries to S
about the events leading up to the Disaster.  Or S gave the translator
Paarfi's books.  Either way I think this is some evidence for Paarfi's
work being reality-based.

Note also that _Orca_'s narrative is more simply understood now.

Also _Athyra_, if the silver tiassa learns what Savn experienced and
passes it on to someone - perhaps the translator directly, explaining why
we love the Texts?

Something I now understand less is the introductory quality of the opening
sections of many of the Texts.  Vlad's talking to one person, who doesn't
need to be told about Loiosh being a flying lizard with four limbs or so
forth, or doesn't need to be told twice even if he's on the other end of a
transuniversal tube.