[Dragaera] The gods and Great Weapons

andy bonham15 at cox.net
Sun Apr 24 17:31:59 PDT 2011

My impression is that they are weapons that could easily turn in the hand
and be used against them, thus the grooming of the wielders.  I would assume
its something the range in which we, in different parts of the culture, view
nuclear weapons.  Some fall on the never use them and we'd be better off
with them dismantled and the wielders/creation race stomped into the mud and
some would most likely fall into the Pandora section (someone already opened
the box, we might as well do what we can to control them), with a subset of
control and wary use (probably our favorite demon goddess falls into here).
I'm sure there are some in the glass parking lot crowd too.   The glimpses
we've had of the gods have revealed a disparate crowd, at best.  If someone
came out in favor of using them on the Jenoine as kind of a Strangelove
action, someone else would assuredly oppose them for the simple fact of
opposition.  We've seen gods that appeared to be working with the Jenoine,
in point of fact......