[Dragaera] Tiassa timeline -- spoiler

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 10:29:50 PDT 2011

> > T. S. T.
> > 1
> > 2
> > 3
> > 4
> >  5
> > One
> > Two
> > Three
> > Four
> > Five
> >  First
> > Second
> > Third
> > Fourth
> > Fifth
> >  Sixth

I see that's right (though it's from Pel's conversation with Khaavren in Chapter

the Fifth, not the STG meeting).  Thanks for the correction.

So "Whitecrest" is back to after /Issola/, which means after /Dzur/.  Dathaani
must be very ill-informed if he thinks five Jhereg enforcers, with no sorcery
mentioned, can take on Vlad with his jhereg and Lady Teldra, much less kill
him and get away before the Empire's representative shows up.  Is it possible
the  Council or at least the Demon doesn't want the attempt to succeed, so
they haven't told people about LT?  Or is that too conspiratorial?

And why doesn't Khaavren know about Vlad's part at the Lesser Sea?  In our
world, that victory would be trumpeted to the skies, especially including the
leading part played by a member of a despised minority group.  In Dragaera, even

a top security official doesn't know (or Paarfi expects that readers will
believe the official doesn't know).

I can imagine reasons for not publicizing Vlad's role--saying he's a Jhereg
makes them look too good, saying he's a fugitive from the Jhereg makes them look

too bad, the Empire doesn't want to talk about Lady Teldra.  But why keep it
secret from Khaavren?

Jerry Friedman