[Dragaera] Geography: The Map of Dragaera, Release 2

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Sat Jun 4 15:47:37 PDT 2011

A new release of my Map of Dragaera project is now available.

You can find it at http://bryann.net/dragaera/map/.

It's been seven years (!) since the last release, and quite a bit has
changed.  In addition to a number of new novels being published (/Sethra
Lavode/, /Dzur/, /Jhegaala/, /Iorich/, and /Tiassa/), Steven Brust agreed to
answer a few questions I had about the geography of Dragaera. During the
course of that conversation, he volunteered information that has yet to make
an appearance in any of his published works. I used this information with
the implied stipulation that he might change his mind in a future work.

Someone (I think it was DDB, but I've been unable to confirm that) suggested
I document my reasoning. Having to justify every decision I made made me
realize just how much guesswork was involved in the first release (and how
much guesswork /is/ required). The new release reflects that. At the top of
the main page is a link to a document that explains why my map of Dragaera
looks the way it does, and should make it clear where I guessed and why.
Even if you don't care about my reasoning, this document may prove useful to
you as a compendium of everything I think I know about Dragaera.

Throughout my map site, I've linked locations in Dragaera back to the
Dragaeran wiki, but I haven't actually updated any of the wiki links (and
many of the locations don't even exist on the wiki yet).

I intend to release more maps and map-related items, but I wanted to release
the main map as soon as it was ready.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about the map.

Bryan