[Dragaera] Sethra Suppositional Speculation and Suspicions Symposium

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 9 15:31:34 PDT 2011

On Sat, 9 Jul 2011, Jonathan Carey wrote:

> Juxtapose that with her remarks in the Desecrator, when Telnan asks
> what she's up to or something -- and Sethra replies with something to
> the effect of "I'm trying to bring about the downfall of the Gods".

"You never asked her why she's teaching you?"
"Yes, in fact, I did."
"What did she say?"
"To further her plot to destroy the Empire."

I see no reason to doubt Sethra is gathering GWs for the reason she has
stated: to defend the Gods in their work of denying the Jenoine access to
Dragaera.  Maybe she feels that she can manage to take the gods and the J
down together via a bankshot- but I would think military theory suggests
dealing with multiple enemies in series rather than in parallel.

Certainly Aliera and Morrolan would die fighting any such attempt on
Sethra's part.

Perhaps Sethra was thinking about her work overturning the racial policies
that have made her an outcast for a quarter million years (see Paarfi).