[Dragaera] Paarfi's Whiteash of Adron

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Aug 1 16:23:34 PDT 2011

I just realized something.

Paarfi is covering up for Adron. It doesn't much matter whether it's because
he's doing it purposely or whether he's allowing himself to be misled by
people who wish to protect Adron's reputation.

The final minutes of Adron's life could not have gone down the way that
Paarfi describes.

Here's why:

The scenario we get from Paarfi is that Adron attempts to subvert the Orb
and attach it to himself, thus forcing the Cycle to Turn, or at least
causing everyone to acknowledge publically that it had Turned.

Mario kills Tortaalik. This causes the Cycle to Turn in actuality.

A Orb attaches to Adron on its own, and Adron is simultaneously channeling
raw amorphic force (pre-Empire Sorcery) to force it to attach to him. The
result is a runaway feedback loop that ultimately detonates and consumes
everything within a few miles of Dragaera City to be consumed and converted
into amorphia.

The establishment of this supposed feedback loop requires that the Cycle
Turns of its own volition. In fact, the Cycle did NOT Turn at all. The
supposed feedback loop could not have been created in the first place.

You can of course, wave your hands and postulate that the Orb got confused
or something, as a result of Adron's spell.

I believe, though, that an application of Occam's Razor can only lead to the
conclusion that Aliera's version of the event is actually the closest we've
ever come to hearing the true facts of the matter. Adron was a rebel who,
first and foremost, was attempting to destroy the Cycle.

Paarfi can make him out to be a gentleman who was attempting to act for the
good of the Empire and failed. The truth is that he was a power-grabbing
noble who as acting for the good of House Dragon and himself in attempting
to take the Throne and keep it permanently. He might or might not have seen
himself as some kind of freedom fighter who was acting to liberate his
people from the yoke of the Gods or the Cycle. We don't have any objective
testimony as to his state of mind and Aliera has likely said all she will
ever say on the subject.