[Dragaera] Paarfi's Whiteash of Adron

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 16:35:13 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

We are not at all certain what causes the Cycle to turn, or when this happens in response to a change in leadership. Perhaps the forementioned feedback loop caused the Cycle not to turn, when it otherwise would have.

Perhaps it does not actually change until the new Emperor is inaugerated.

Perhaps the end of the Great Cycle, and the requirement that "Fate" produce a series of events that resulted in a reborn Phoenix taking the throne actually contributed to the Feedback loop.

While Paarfi either being mistaken, guessing wildly, or even flat-out lying about what happened are certainly valid possibilities, there are still others that I see as being equally plausible.

I'm less inclined to believe Aliera's version of the story, since it seems to contain several elements that have counter-evidence elsewhere at this point. (Confusing the White Goblet affair into the second Dragon-Jhereg war, for example).