[Dragaera] Kosadr - Court Wizard?

Jonathan Carey carey.jonathan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 16:13:39 PDT 2011

So the problem with Kosadr is that he says he's the court wizard, by
saying "I've held this position..."

I've no idea whether or not 20 years is a long time for a Dragaeran to
hold a post---but it might very well have been in the reign of a
decadent phoenix or earlier.

It all hinges on the translation of whatever word is used for "this".

I know in Spanish, "this" and "that" can be confused quite readily by
a beginner.  Perhaps it's possible that SB simply misheard the word?
"I've held THAT position for 20 years" becomes much more manageable
from a concordance standpoint--PARTICULARLY if he was the CW during a
period where the Jenoine were making incursions--and there have been
several in the last few hundred/thousand years.  Certainly long enough
for an accomplished wizard (one who deals with sorcery that's just
this side of necromancy, with all its life-extending side-effects, to
boot) to have lived and served as CW for a paltry period of time but
still be called upon when Jenoine start making noises, or at least
appear to be.

What do you guys think?

It's Occam's Razor approved imho.

Jon