[Dragaera] random thoughts on recent (or not) Texts

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Sat Nov 5 12:10:04 PDT 2011

> On Sat, 5 Nov 2011, Alexx Kay wrote:
>
>> starting later. Further, in Jhereg, chapter 4, when Kragar thinks Vlad
>> is
>> considering geting help from Aliera for an assassination, he says "Boss,
>> she's a /Dragon/. They don't /believe/ in assassination. They consider
>> it
>> a /crime/..." (Jr 55); this suggests strongly that he is unaware of the
>
> That reminds me of something I forgot to put on my list - StY doesn't
> appear to care about having her coplotter and fellow Dragon assassinated.
> And no one remarks on this.  Vlad thinks StY and the SiG pretended to
> break up - maybe it was real but short-lived?

For all that people talk about the character of a House, these seem to be
functionally only slightly more accurate than stereotypes in our own
world.  Sure, they're often *based* on characteristics which are common,
but specific individuals exhibit wide variation.  I think it's safe to say
that StY has a more... elastic notion of honor than, say, Morrolan.

Alexx

For this problem, we'll have to call in our crack team of trained solipsists.
   [Seen on a Nancy Button, www.nancybuttons.com]