[Dragaera] random thoughts on recent (or not) Texts

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Mon Nov 7 11:34:36 PST 2011

>>> Maybe so - but she knows that she knows at least one thief.
>>
>> Does Kiera exist?  Sethra's not a thief, she's someone who plays at
>> being on as a way of monitoring the Jhereg (and, perhaps, avoiding
>> boredom).
>>
>> _
>
> If there is stealing being done, then someone is responsible - and Sethra
> can limit that responsibility to two names that she knows.

In terms of raw text, I'd have to agree that this is a lie, and the
attempts to make it not be one are sophistical.  That said, if SKZB were
to decide that it would be Cool that Sethra never lies, it would be easy
to retcon this instance as a mistranslation.

Alexx

"You could define the subspace topology this way, if you were
 sufficiently malicious."         [Cambridge University Math Dept.]