[Dragaera] Off-Topic Discussion: Occupy Wall Street

Joshua Kronengold mneme at labcats.org
Thu Dec 15 10:36:09 PST 2011

On 12/15/2011 12:41 PM, Matthew wrote:
> On 12/15/2011 11:19 AM, Frank Mayhar wrote:
>> There's no "rational" when it comes to the Tea Party.  That being the
>> case, kindly keep this off of the Dragaera list.  There are plenty of
>> other places where you can go look like a fool and get congratulated for
>> it.
> I'll remind you I didn't start the discussion, nor have I engaged in
> irrational personal attacks.  I am disappointed by the lack of tolerance
> and civility in many of the responses I have received, including this one.

Have to say, as a liberal (and certainly no supporter of the Tea Party),
you guys are making me look bad.

Matt's been a gentleman here, attempting to engage in honest debate
based on issues.  I happen to agree with the sentiment that the "Tea
Party" as it's developed has been captured by the Republican center
(which continues to pander to the right), but those supporting that
notion (or otherwise not supporting the Tea Party) seem to be unable to
argue with what people actually say rather than throwing out random
unattributed R talking points.

(Also, the "you are so rude for posting my personal diatribe which I
sent you in private email" thing from Frank? boo, hoo.  There are plenty
of cases where sending private email public is verbotten because it
breaches a trust -- but when someone sends something private because
they're afraid to send it public, it's totally fine to publish that
filth.  Frank, you look like an idiot, not Matt).

All that said, it's probably best to return the list's usual topics of
Dragaera and the number 17.