[Dragaera] Off-Topic Discussion: Occupy Wall Street

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 15 11:17:00 PST 2011

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011, Joshua Kronengold wrote:

> On 12/15/2011 01:52 PM, Philip Hart wrote:
>> I find this claim (that the private email was sent out of fear),
>> implication (that the quoted text was "filth") and general stance ("I
>> get to decide everyone's privacy policy") disappointing.
>
> Your problem.

It's not a problem - I'm disappointed in you, and I find your position
unfortunate.  "Simple things are never problems."

> The custom to keep private email private is a matter of trust,
> not privacy or copyright.  It is almost always appropriate to publish letters
> sent to you, but it's usually rude.

Wait, and saying someone looks like an idiot isn't?  Or is and should be
called out, unless it's done in the calling-out process?  But being rude
by publishing private correspondence shouldn't be?

>>> Frank, you look like an idiot, not Matt).
>> Sorry you had to resort to insult.
>
> Sorry, "fool".  Was trying to repeat Frank's insult, not add a new one.

So that was a mock tu quoque?