[Dragaera] Off-Topic Discussion: Media

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Dec 15 16:12:18 PST 2011

On Dec 15, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Matthew wrote:

> I suppose that depends on what the media is telling you.  I mostly tune
> out the old media.

While there are problems with old media (and in the first half of the U.S., most newspapers were tremendously biased) - the new media may be more dangerous.

Not only, can we find any kind of claim or lie we might wish to look for, there is a lot of work on the Web designed to pre-filter what we see to be what it thinks we want to see.

Also, it's not hard to find lots of people who think the way we think - enough to make it easier to believe we are in the natural middle.

Extrapolate to the future.