[Dragaera] Tax (and other) revenue by house

Joshua Kronengold mneme at labcats.org
Fri Dec 16 13:49:24 PST 2011

On 12/16/2011 04:36 PM, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 21:31 +0000, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>> Well, likely. But I suspect you may be generalizing from a single example.
> Doesn't everyone?

No.

Regarding the topic...hmm.  Speculating...

     Phoenix—Decadence and Rebirth

Clearly tends to start out with great works, then settle down to
decadence, at the end of which they get overthrown or yield to

     Dragon—War and Conquest

Who start and win wars, entering a glorious period of prosperity,
requiring greater and greater beurocracy to administer the empire, until
a legal challenge causes the Empire to be taken over by the

     Lyorn—Tradition and Duty

Who run the Empire as a Great Beurocracy until it is, itself myred it
its own rules, at which point the only one who can get anything done
(starting with taking over the empire) is a

     Tiassa—Catalyst and Inspiration

Who take risks, start adventures and investigations, but what they
discover must be studied.  So when the time of exploration and discover
is over, they yield to the

     Hawk—Observation and Inspiration

Who study what has been discovered, starting universities and schools of
all sorts.  However, eventually the emperor notices a hero who is
clearly destined for great things, and in time, yields the empire to him
or her, who, of course, hails from

     Dzur—Heroism and Honor

Who rule the empire impetuously, but not incompetently, maintaining a
"rule of the fittest" by allowing anyone to challenge for the empire in
single combat.  Thus, no Dzur Emperor is bored (nor, usually, does any
last particularly long).  However, it is, eventually, time for this more
or less chaotic time to end, and the last Dzur empire of the cycle is
defeated in single combat by a

     Issola—Courtliness and Surprise

[Ok, that was fun.  Someone else want to take a turn?  11 changes left.]

     Tsalmoth—Unpredictability and Tenacity
     Vallista—Creation and Destruction
     Jhereg—Greed and Corruption
     Iorich—Justice and Retribution