[Dragaera] Need a passage from "Iorich"

Eric Shupps eshupps at binarywave.com
Tue Jan 29 18:17:53 PST 2013

I'm not an overly big fan of certain texts on the Kindle but the convenience outweighs everything else for me.  I travel a lot so my Kindle is indispensable.  The Taltos novels are fine but the Paarfi books somehow read better in regular print.  It seems that shorter works with less dense word structure are more suited to an e-reader format; with their more complex sentence structure and larger words, Paarfi's works seem chopped up in electronic format.  Maybe that's just me but I can tell you one thing for an absolute fact - nobody (including my aforementioned daughter) has ever become an accidental Brust fan because they saw your Kindle/Nook/iPad sitting on your desk.  And you'll never experience the joy of an unexpected find or that intoxicating smell of old books browsing around on iTunes.

(As an aside, do most of my reading in electronic format but with my favorite authors I still buy the hard copy and put it on the bookshelf.  I don't know why, it just seems right.)