[Dragaera] some comments on _The Incrementalists_

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sun Oct 6 12:30:10 PDT 2013

On 2013-10-04 19:32, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> On 10/4/2013 4:07 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>> On 2013-10-01 20:44, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>>

>> I find it hard to believe that the outcome, occasionally over the rather
>> LONG span of history of the group (and hence
>> LARGE number of spikings), isn't insanity of some form.
>>

> And so, perhaps, it is. But is an insane personality going to be strong
> enough to come out on top against a stable one when spiked into a new
> Second?

I'd consider it almost a given that it would.  "Stability" isn't very
stable, it's a delicate balance.  Sharing your head with a solid chunk
of crazy would NOT work well, I don't think.

> And if so, wouldn't the group then be more likely to let the stub lie
> fallow for a few hundred years so that this would happen anyway?

Hmm, you think that might help?

Interesting idea that there might be ways to *recover* from people going
crazy.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info     Nikon DSLR photo list: