[Dragaera] Yendi and ambition

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon Feb 3 11:45:46 PST 2014

Philip Hart wrote:

> So anyway, I can certainly see snakes as devious or evil but I'd never
thought
> of ambitious.  Is this a common symbolism?  Or am I just overreading a
> coincidence?

I'd vote for coincidence. IMO, it has more to do with "evil" and "devious"
practice and philosophy needing a goal. Barring sociopaths and lunatics,
most devious people are devious in order to achieve an end of some sort. It
may or may not be entertaining but entertainment is not typically a primary
motivator for anything other than petty meddling.

In other words, a devious person requires a purpose to apply his skills to.
Otherwise, it only amounts to minor maliciousness. Ambition would go
hand-in-hand with a devious nature in that case, regardless of any totemic
mascot assigned to it.