[Dragaera] Incrementalists related

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 2 14:45:56 PDT 2014

Several of us had unspecific "this is Amber-like" reactions to _TI_.
I've recently reread the Corwin novels, along with several other of my
favorite Zelazny works (and to tell the truth to my surprise it turns out
I now prefer Brust in the long form), and I think the closest connection
for me is the confrontation scenes after Brand's rescue in _Sign of the
Unicorn_ and with what's-her-name the a-la-Tim-Powers-slippery antagonist
in _TI_, and of course the patterning shadowwalking-esque stuff at the
end.

Incidentally, I see that there's a skater named Amber Corwin.