[Dragaera] Dragaera RPG

Scott Schultz scott at cjhunter.com
Mon May 5 12:03:15 PDT 2014

> I'm at the very beginning of creating a tabletop pen and paper RPG set in
> Dragaera, just for me and my buddies to play. Anyone have any tips or
ideas?
> It will probably be a d10/d100 system.

Hmmm... a pen and paper RPG that turns into a series of novels that turns
into a pen and paper RPG. How meta.

While it would be unlike any sort of "standard" system, you might check out
Torg. The Aysle sourcebook's spell creation system would do a decent job of
approximating Imperial Sorcery while the "in the moment", emotional, sensory
driven religious magic of the Edeinos dinosaur people in the Living Land
sourcebook would be a beginning (but not nearly an exact analog) for Eastern
Witchcraft. Overall, the cinematic nature of Torg combat would mesh well
with a lot of the sorts of action that tends to occur to anyone  in the
vicinity of Vlad or Khaavren. Just adopt the mechanics of Torg and replace
the Possibility Wars with Dragaera as a setting.