[Dragaera] Vlad

Philip Hart via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Sep 18 13:00:44 PDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, David Dyer-Bennet via Dragaera wrote:

> On 2014-08-18 11:59, Philip Hart via Dragaera wrote:
>>
>> Amazon is telling me to read the Shadow Unit series - it looks like SKZB
>> contributed to #15.  So I've read the first few, which I thought were
>> pretty good sf-tinged police procedurals, though the
>> email-dating-chatter and jokes about how much some of the characters eat
>> is a bit much.  Anyone have an opinion about whether committing to
>> reading another dozen to get to the SKZB one is a good idea?
>
> I enjoyed reading them enough that I contributed some money.  But many
> of the other people involved are friends and acquaintances too.  (That
> was all before Steven became involved, and I still thought it was worth it.)

I didn't understand this comment, but having experienced that situation
before once or twice I just waited for enlightenment, which duly arrived:
not only can one get the series for about $45 on Amazon, one can read it
on a donate-if-you-like-this basis from the series site.  I imagine each
of us was unaware of the option the other used.

Another consideration is the wrenching nature of some or perhaps more like
all of the material.