[Dragaera] MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

Jonathan Carey, CHRP via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Tue Oct 7 12:21:41 PDT 2014

Okay, so I got 62% of the way into Hawk before the awesome compelled me to
start theorizing as to just what in all the nine hells was going on.
There's so much cool that I kind of have to limit myself to one
topic---therefore, let's start with WTF IS TUKKO.

The precipitating scene was Tukko's encounter with Vlad's shoulder.

***SPOILERS BELOW***

***NO REALLY***

**DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU***

I'm reasonably certain now that Tukko is a god; though which one I'm not
sure.  Steve has said that no one is anyone else other than Sethra/Kiera.
But I believe he said that specifically with regards to the plot of Dzur
and/or Iorich, and so I believe that Tukko is a God in disguise.

Here are my arguments in favour:

1) Of lesser persuasiveness, the fact that to be a God, one of things
required as a benchmark is the ability to be in two plays at once; which is
not to say that one equates to the other; we know Sethra can do this
without having becoming a God.  We also know that becoming a God is a
choice--one is invited to join their ranks.

2)  Godslayer leapt at touching him; the only thing that it would do if it
had come in contact with one of its intended victims.  NB: intended =/=
destined, not necessarily.  I don't know if Vlad with LT have had a similar
encounter with the Necromancer; but even if they haven't, I can't quite
believe that LT would respond in the same manner (nor, I imagine, would
Rocza).  But we know that the Necromancer is a God; merely one who can be,
in some ways, contained, and hence qualifies as a Demon.   What the
distinction between a Demon and a Demon God(dess) is remains unanswered at
this time.  Possibly that Verra was a God and somehow became bound; and
that the Necromancer was some form of mortal and somehow became a (bound)
God, is my best guess.

3) Sethra works (reluctantly) with the Gods to help secure the fate of
Dragaera--and yet eschews the God's company--and the Gods, for their part,
look upon Sethra rather the way Aliera does upon Kragar.  So therefore, how
does Sethra work with the Gods?  A God liaison is one possibility. One,
presumably, bound to Dzur Mountain in some way; and given how Sethra is
bound to Dzur Mountain, we could be looking at a 3 or 4-way commune between
Sethra, Tukko/Chaz, Iceflame and Dzur Mountain.

It occurs to me that Dzur Mountain may very well be the rock upon which
Dragaera was metaphorically created; unless it was the natural aggregation
of Trellanstone.  It's always possible that Dzur Mountain IS the natural
aggregation of Trellanstone.  That would sure make it easier to make a
mountainous sculpture.  Given that Trellanstone merely allows the natural
cacoastrum to be confined to a particular "channel", and if the "channel"
were dictated by, say, Tukko...it would explain why he's so attached to a)
Dragaera the world, to the end that he's not willing to let the Jenoine
struggle with the Gods for it, for fear that it would be destroyed and/or
b) Dzur Mountain itself.  Either the mountain or the trellanstone could
easily be the "cornerstone" of Dragaera.  But it's entirely possible that
Dragaera was created by the Jenoine as a means of demarcating their
"laboratory" in terms of "physical location", such that its destruction
might be, well, catastrophic for the world itself.  The greater and lesser
seas, for example, are merely puncture holes into the background of the
universe without; and without the trellanstone providing containment,
everyone involved could find themselves with some very serious problems on
their hands, real quick.

4) Tukko is known to be far, far older than Sethra, having referred to her
as "young one" before.

5) Tukko translates online as "needles" from the Hungarian.  Not sure if
this is relevant.

6) I'm not ruling out the possibility that Tukko is a Jenoine--perhaps the
one who "unlocked the cage" as it were, letting the Gods out so they could
cause their mischief and, apparently, highly improbable victory against the
Jenoine.  The archetype, more or less, of the jailer who fell in love with
the inmate--though that would likely be putting far too human a spin on
it.  My impression is that the Jenoine view Dragaera now as an area that
has suffered containment failure (not of the chaos that fuels the
experiments, but of the experiments themselves); ie, an asylum where the
crazies run free; Raccoon City after the outbreak; etc etc.  Ie, highly
dangerous, but not without worth if it could be brought back under
control.  Hence the "military" coming in to see if they could secure at
least a foothold if not outright control of the asset.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jon Carey, B.A.(Hon), CHRP