[Dragaera] MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

Jerry Friedman via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Oct 9 21:47:07 PDT 2014

> On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:21 PM, "Jonathan Carey, CHRP via Dragaera" <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:

> > Okay, so I got 62% of the way into Hawk before the awesome compelled me to
> start theorizing as to just what in all the nine hells was going on.
> There's so much cool that I kind of have to limit myself to one
> topic---therefore, let's start with WTF IS TUKKO.
>
> The precipitating scene was Tukko's encounter with Vlad's shoulder.
>

> ***SPOILERS BELOW***
>

> ***NO REALLY***
>

> **DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU***
>
> I'm reasonably certain now that Tukko is a god; though which one I'm not
> sure.  Steve has said that no one is anyone else other than Sethra/Kiera.
> But I believe he said that specifically with regards to the plot of Dzur
> and/or Iorich, and so I believe that Tukko is a God in disguise.
>
> Here are my arguments in favour:
>
> 1) Of lesser persuasiveness, the fact that to be a God, one of things
> required as a benchmark is the ability to be in two plays at once;

Vlad mentions some dreams in /Hawk/, apparently pointlessly.  I wonder whether
this is because in dreams one is asleep on a pile of blankets and wheeling a
wheelbarrow--two places at the same time.  Sort of like the teleportation in
/Issola/.

> which is
> not to say that one equates to the other; we know Sethra can do this
> without having becoming a God.  We also know that becoming a God is a
> choice--one is invited to join their ranks.

> 3) Sethra works (reluctantly) with the Gods to help secure the fate of
> Dragaera--and yet eschews the God's company--and the Gods, for their part,
> look upon Sethra rather the way Aliera does upon Kragar.

They do?  I'd forgotten that.

> 5) Tukko translates online as "needles" from the Hungarian.  Not sure
> if this is relevant.

Nothing for "Csaz" at Google Translate.

Jerry Friedman