[Dragaera] Hawk

Jerry Friedman via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Oct 23 13:48:02 PDT 2014

> On Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:51 AM, Howard Brazee via Dragaera <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:
> >
>>  On Oct 22, 2014, at 9:45 PM, Jerry Friedman via Dragaera
> <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:
>>
>>  Complicated one: If Vlad gets killed, how can Khaavren get the Council
> members convicted, assuming they've committed a crime?  As far as I can
> tell, Khaavren has no evidence except Vlad's account of what he was
> planning, and Vlad won't be able to testify.  Could the Justicers compel the
> suspects to testify under the Orb?  If so, how, by keeping them in prison till
> they do?
>
> Remember, Vlad is a nobleman, with rights not dissimilar to that of 17th century
> European nobles.

But if the Jhereg kill him, the evidence will be Khaavren saying that Vlad said
to him that he was going to tempt Council members into learning how to commit a
crime and saying that their behavior when he showed up was consistent with
guilt.  That's really not a lot.

> And he has friendship with the empress who can verify his
> truthfulness as a witness.

Actually, she remembers when he managed to deceive an investigation under
the Orb.

Jerry Friedman