[Dragaera] Hawk

Jerry Friedman via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Fri Oct 24 07:27:58 PDT 2014

On Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:01 PM, Damien Sullivan via Dragaera <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 01:48:02PM -0700, Jerry Friedman via Dragaera wrote:

>> But if the Jhereg kill him, the evidence will be Khaavren saying that Vlad said
>> to him that he was going to tempt Council members into learning how to commit a
>> crime and saying that their behavior when he showed up was consistent with
>> guilt.  That's really not a lot.
>
>The evidence can be boosted by testifying under the Orb.  For both
>Khaavren and the nobles^W Jhereg scum he calls in.

That's why I asked about whether and how people can be forced to testify under
the Orb, which I'm still interested in.

One thing Khaavren can testify to that I missed is that Poletra says in front of
him "You taught it to us" and the Demon goes over the penalties as if they have
some relevance to him.  These may have been big mistakes.  I wonder whether the
Council members' situation would be different if they'd kept their mouths shut in
front of law enforcement the way they're supposed to.

Jerry Friedman

in front of Khaavren