[Dragaera] I reviewed Hawk. :-/

Jon Lincicum via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Wed Oct 29 21:33:55 PDT 2014

On 10/29/2014 5:25 PM, Steve Rapaport via Dragaera wrote:
> I love Brust's work, and I love you guys, but I have to say that this
> 4-star review focuses mainly on what I felt was missing from Hawk.
>
> It feels somehow inappropriate for this forum because of that.  But here it
> is.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/review/R3D31NOMGYGXP4/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

I seriously don't know what you're talking about here.

There are some HUGE MAJOR revelations in this one, beyond just the basic
plot of the story, or the resolution Vlad comes up with at the end.

I would direct your attention especially to Chapter 10, especially in
this regard. You may wish to review this interaction and reflect on the
longer-term implications of the events in this part of the story.

To me, it's more important that each book tells an interesting story on
its own merit than that we get major arc-plot advancements. I found this
to be a very refreshing old-style Vlad tale; where he sees a problem,
goes out and tackles it in his own way, and comes out of the experience
a little wiser, and a little more prepared for what is to some next.

If every book were on the scale of /Issola/, with mighty battles against
Jenoine and the gods and who knows what all, I believe the series would
burn out far too quickly; and that would make me sad.

--Majikjon