[Dragaera] Email Issues

Konrad Gaertner via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 3 16:49:50 PST 2014

On 11/3/2014 6:01 PM, Bryan Newell via Dragaera wrote:
> I'm having two email issues with the list.  Is anyone else also having these
> issues?

I haven't noticed the examples you mention, but I've been having other
problems with email lately. It's happened many times (but not always)
with this list, and once each for another mailing list and LiveJournal
comment notifications.

What happens is that I get something that looks like an email, but when
I click it the toolbar that usually has buttons to reply and such is
replaced by a bar with the thread title and length, then three
unformatted lines from every post in the thread.  Like this:

-------

Jon Lincicum via Dragaera
4:09 PM
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Friedman via Dragaera"
<dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> To: dragaera at lists.dragaera.info Sent:
Sunday, November 2, 2014 8:41:42 AM Subject: Re: [Dragaera] I reviewed
Hawk. :-/ Well, the problem with foreshadowing is that in some cases,
the "clues" turn…
Corwin Brust via Dragaera
Wednesday
I think he's indeed been subtler than you realize, but of course you
could be quite correct that key he didn't add or advance breadcrumbs. In
any case great review, thanks. Since we know just exactly where Vallista
will fall I guess we'll probably know before too long? And for the
record, it's w…
Jon Lincicum via Dragaera
Wednesday
I seriously don't know what you're talking about here. There are some
HUGE MAJOR revelations in this one, beyond just the basic plot of the
story, or the resolution Vlad comes up with at the end. I would direct
your attention especially to Chapter 10, especially in this regard. You
may wish to …

The sender names appear to be links, but clicking them doesn't do
anything. If I double click the email instead of single clicking, it
opens dozens of tabs, all containing the most recent email. Closing
these tabs is a major pain.

I'm using Thunderbird 24.6.0 on Windows 8.1.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                           -- James Nicoll