[Dragaera] Liberals

Scott Schultz via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Tue Nov 18 08:40:02 PST 2014

> If they can affect it.  The Lyorn Records say the Cycle is said to predate
the
> Jenoine.  If it really does, one way to understand that remarkable idea is
that
> the Cycle comes from ineluctable historical forces.

I think it's pretty fair to imagine that everything in the Halls of
Judgement is symbolic in some sense. It's unlikely that the Cycle is truly a
big stone wheel despite how it might manifest to the senses of a mortal
entering the realm of the Lords of Judgement.

I see little problem in imaging the Cycle to be symbolic of the ineluctable
cycles of human history. In that sense, it may well be something that
predated the Gods and that they essentially adapted to  ensure that the
normal rise and fall of civilization is regulated in a way that creates a
stable civilization that is still constantly rising and falling. Well, at
least until a Great Cycle ends and they hit the Y2K bug, heh.

Maybe they've got that fixed now. ;-) Maybe the next Great Cycle will see
the Orb sent back to the factory for upgrades without having to blow up the
seat of the Empire in the process.

Which brings us back to Liberals, in a sense. Adron was attempting to be the
ultimate Liberal - He was attempting to liberate Dragaera from the tyranny
of The Cycle. Well, if we believe Aliera, that's what he was doing. Paarfi
has a different take on things, though the end result is much the same.