[Dragaera] Not unthinkable

Alexx Kay via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Wed Sep 2 18:10:41 PDT 2015

> I've
> been meaning for about a year to comment on _Hawk_ and will try to do so
> before another Text comes out.  Alexx recently noted he'd had some health
> issues for a while, which I was very sorry to hear; I was in high school
> 32 years ago when _Jhereg_ was published, and we long-time readers aren't
> as young as once.  Following Vlad's aging while aging has been a
> significant part of reading the Texts for me.

Though one of the surprising results of doing the Timeline is realizing
how little (temporally) Vlad *is* aging.  Near as I can tell, _Hawk_ takes
place in the general vicinity of Vlad's 33rd birthday.  Though of course,
he's had a lot more "mileage" than we readers have.  (If there are
exceptions to that, they have my sympathies!)

Alexx

   There was an old man                Said with a laugh, "I
   From Peru, whose lim'ricks all      Cut them in half, the pay is
   Look'd like haiku. He               Much better for two."
                              -- Emmet