[Dragaera] Theory re: Sethra & Tukko

Jonathan Carey, CHRL via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Mar 24 12:47:16 PDT 2016

I have a theory about these two, and I'd like to throw it out there to see
if you guys can poke holes in it.

The theory goes like this:

First, Tukko is a vampire.

This explains the "younger than me" statements that both make about each
other.  One is referring to their physical age at death, and the other to
their numerical age.

Furthermore, and this is a bit more out there, I'm wondering if Tukko is a
Lavode as well, and that furthermore, he and Sethra have "seasons" like the
sun and moon do; so that, as Sethra ascends, Tukko becomes less robust,
physically, and vice versa.  Being so connected, they are more or less one
person in different bodies; one of the reasons why Sethra was offered
godhood.  She's one in all but name; but neither want to get involved with
the Gods, in favour of being more free to act on behalf of the empire when
it is threatened.  This would make Sethra's comment that she's the only
Lavode truthful; though her being truthful to Vlad is hardly a requirement,
and statements in canon therefore might not necessarily be gospel.

What do you guys think of Tukko/Sethra being different aspects of the same
person?  Or, if that's too far out there, then how about the idea of Tukko
Lavode being a thing?  Or failing THAT, what about Tukko being a vampire?

Regards,

Jon Carey, B.A.(Hon), CHRL, CHRP