[Dragaera] Forums?

Brian Bertrand via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Fri Jan 6 05:04:42 PST 2017

The slack link isnt active

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 6:16 AM, via Dragaera <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info>
wrote:

> I agree with jot. Email is delivered to my inbox reliably. If you have too
> much noise in your inbox, then set up rules to sort that out.
>
> Casey Rousseau
>
> > On Jan 5, 2017, at 10:22 PM, Eugene Zaretskiy via Dragaera <
> dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:
> >
> > There are several problems with email:
> >
> > 1) My inbox is very noisy. I try to read posts to this list because they
> > are of a very high quality (thanks folks!) but my inbox doesn't make it
> > easy.
> > 2) Mailing lists have a high barrier to entry. While I'm sure no one on
> > this list would mind if a discussion went off on a tangent, I've avoided
> > commenting on occasion because my comment doesn't have enough substance
> > bother everyone on the list. There's no way to signal that my email is
> less
> > important than Jonathan Carey's excellent post about Tukko recently.
> Slack
> > makes this easy, with each member opting into the notification level they
> > desire.
> > 3) Sometimes I get weird emails from the list that ask me to click
> various
> > links to prove that I want to remain subscribed or something. Email is
> not
> > designed for the purposes to which we put it.
> > 4) The option to receive digests helps some folks deal with #1, but when
> > those folks reply, it makes it harder for everyone to understand the
> > discussion. I have no desire to suggest that people stop using the digest
> > option (or stop replying if they do), because I understand the
> limitations
> > of email, but Slack solves both of these problems.
> >
> > No doubt though it will be hard to convince people to switch. It will
> > ultimately fall on the shoulders of those members who contribute most to
> > this list to use one or both and that will determine where the lurkers
> go.
> > I don't plan to unsub from this list either, but I hope that people find
> > the Slack useful.
> >
> > I am working on getting emails from the list to be auto-posted to the
> > Slack, so that if you are on Slack you won't miss anything -- but not
> vice
> > versa. Maybe that will help!
> >
> > - EZ
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 6:48 PM Jot Powers via Dragaera <
> > dragaera at lists.dragaera.info> wrote:
> >
> > The number of electronic communications I've seen come and go, while
> > email stays the same, is TOO DAMN HIGH.
> >
> > Been on most of them.  Enjoy that one.  I'll still lurk here.  :)
> >
> > -Jot
> >
> > p.s. Slack's team setup is still stupid, and I use it extensively.  :P
> >
> >> On 1/5/17 7:44 PM, Eugene Zaretskiy via Dragaera wrote:
> >> I've created a Slack team, let's see if anyone uses it:
> >>

> > https://stevenbrust.slack.com/shared_invite/
> MTIzMzYwNjI1NjQ4LTE0ODM2NzA1MjAtMTg5NDMwOGI3Mw
> >>
> >> I'm happy to add some bots if anyone has good ideas for some... feel
> [...]

In Service to the Dream,

Brian C. Bertrand
SKA-Bertran de Saint Jean

I am a fan of the cereal comma:  Part of a balanced breakfast that includes
milk, juice, and toast.

Showing deference to those with power over you is not courtesy, it is
self-preservation.  Showing deference to those over whom you have power is
not only courtesy, but grace.