[Dragaera] Chapter titles in Vallista--minor ***SPOILER***

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 14:20:41 PDT 2017

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Here's what I've got.  Would anybody like to correct or add anything?

1. Devera the Wanderer--Melmoth the Wanderer (Charles Maturin)?2. The Mystery of Elven Food--The Mystery of Edwin Drood (Charles Dickens)3. The Phantom of the Dance--The Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux)4. The Legend of Sleepy Harro--The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (Washington Irving)5. At the Fountains of Sadness--At the Mountains of Madness (H. P. Lovecraft)6. In the Past Darkly--In a Glass Darkly (Sheridan Le Fanu, altering I Corinthians)7. The Turn of Discaru--The Turn of the Screw (Henry James)8. Withering Depths--Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)9. The Miseries of Odelpho--The Castle of Otranto (Horace Walpole)?10. Waters Below the Ground--Airs Above the Ground (Mary Stewart, referring to "haute école" horse maneuvers)?11. Gormin's Guest--Gormenghast (Mervyn Peake)12. The River at Housetown--??13. The Star of the Seven Jewels--The Jewel of Seven Stars (Bram Stoker)14. A Short Fatal Hate Chase--??15. This Smooth Magic--This Rough Magic (Mary Stewart again.  Is Steven a fan?)16. On the Night of the Surly Mood--By the Light of the Silvery Moon (song by Gus Edwards and Edward Madden)?17. Zhayin's Heir--Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
What did we do before Wikipedia?

Jerry Friedman