[Dragaera] Chapter titles in Vallista--minor ***SPOILER***

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 06:47:42 PST 2017

      From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>

On Sat, 4 Nov 2017, Jerry Friedman via Dragaera wrote:

> [...]
  a fan?)16. On the Night of the Surly Mood--By the Light of the Silvery Moon (song by Gus Edwards and Edward Madden)?17. Zhayin's Heir--Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
>> What did we do before Wikipedia?
>
> We were discussing this on the Slack channel
>
> Chapter 9 is more probably ?The Mysteries of Udolpho? by Ann Radcliffe
> Chapter 12 is ?The House at Riverton? by Kate Morton
> Chapter 14 is ?A Long Fatal Love Chase? by Louisa May Alcott
> Chapter 16 is good, never did get that one.
>
> So I think that?s all of them!

> Thanks.  I'm sure your answers are right.  I was hoping someone had
> something better than "By the Light of the Silvery Moon", since a
> cheerful (not to say smug) pop song doesn't seem to fit that well with
> all those Gothic stories.

_On the Night of the Seventh Moon_ appears to be a Gothic romance.+++++++++++++++++
Thanks, that must be right.  By "Victoria Holt", I see.
Jerry Friedman