[Dragaera] Some random _Vallista_ thoughts

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Nov 7 15:39:49 PST 2017

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17

We know that Devera, born in the Halls, moves around time a lot, including
visiting at least one relative (Verra) prior to her own conception. Did
Tethia do likewise? Is Zhayin so secretive because he knows he will
succeed, and even knows certain details of what will -- and will not --
happen?  Further, did Zhayin at one point decide he wanted some more
information from future-Tethia, and attempt to summon her, instead
inadvertently summoning a different child of his into a disastrous
accident?

After Vallista, who is it that is renting out Precipice Manor? Who is
“Zhayin’s Heir”? His few close relatives that we know about are all dead.
He doesn’t seem at all the sort to will his property to a servant or
entertainer. My guess is that it’s being held in trust by some part of the
Imperial bureaucracy, while the question of who the proper heir actually
IS is properly resolved. At some point apparently in the future, the house
is fully inhabited again, apparently.

Actually, maybe TETHIA is the heir! We were never 100% convinced that she
was dead in the first place. Her behavior, though in some ways similar to
that of a ghost, is also very similar to that of Devera, who seems to be
alive by most definitions. Discaru definitely bound her into the meeting
room, but was she actually dead at the time? She fell off the roof, but
did she land? Maybe chasing her off the roof was a ploy to distract her
from being able to defend against Discaru’s magic. Or she needed to be
terrified for the magic to work for some reason.

Alexx

"It is revelation to the first person only, and _hearsay_ to every
 other, and consequently they are not obliged to believe it."
        -- Thomas Paine, _The_Age_of_Reason_