[Dragaera] Steven Brust's The Baron of Magister Valley! Ordered mine! Available July 28, 2020

Steve Rapaport steve.rapaport at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:12:45 PDT 2020

There are two other updates of Monte Cristo I recommend as good reads.

The best is of course The Stars My Destination (aka Tiger Tiger) (1956) by
Alfred Bester. It is a very loose adaptation with its own world-changing
agenda.

Another I liked was the dot-com era adaptation The Stars' Tennis Balls by
Stephen Fry (2000). This one is a pretty close parallel, but shorter and
punchier. You can also have fun seeing the wordplay on the character names.

Cheers,
Steve the Youngerq