[Dragaera] Big-ish Problems, also a light sploier.

S. Hall incubusyouth at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 23:19:16 PDT 2006

>From: tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net>
>To: "S. Hall" <incubusyouth at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Big-ish Problems, also a light sploier.
>Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:35:22 -0400
>

>                           I meant, how come in the begining, that is
>before the battle Cawti wasn't mention, however, during the sword
>trans-action
>Cawti almost struck Sethra in the back. ( But when Vlad was killed Aliera
>found with Pathfinder, after the sword which)

The timeline for Dragon is before AND AFTER Yendi, which I think is why
you're confused. Vlad met Cawti in Yendi, and you'll remember that Aliera
was using Kieron's greatsword in that book but Sethra the Younger was
banished at the end by Sethra Lavode for her part in the scandal. When StY
got back is when the transaction took place, so I hope that explains things
for you.

>                        Shit, that old! Sorry... but I still stay I mean
>aren't editors paid to catch that sort of thing, to me it makes Morrolan
>seem like a lier.

I didnt consider the editors before, and that makes me believe that Davdi is
right, that it was intentional on Steve's part; "he used his unreliable
narrators (Vlad, Morrolan and Paarfi) to deliberately introduce conflicting
accounts," to quote Davdi directly (I didnt reply to Davdi's email but I
agree with him now after considering it more)

>        I'd believed that he was to young to kill that many people to get
>that name, so I purpose a different, yes it does have it's fauls.

Ah, now I understand. However, I think this could be seen as another
instance of conflicting narrators. Also, how do we know that Mario didnt, or
wasn't forced to, live up to his reputation that he gained after killing the
Emperor? The Interregnum (if I spelled that right it's +50 points :P) was
200+ years long, so he might have sent quite a few people to that Valley
over the course of those years. (Besides, Paarfi wrote the romances, and a
naive "rookie" makes a more dramatic assassin over a professional)

btw you didn't send your email to the list, just so you know, but I know
someone might come up with something on there that either makes more sense
or corrects me, so I'm sending it there in hopes someone might have better
explanations as well